Anglo-Eastern is visiting Sahyadri to conduct recruitment drive on 6th Feb.2019 for 2019 out going batch.
Please find below a brief introduction to Anglo-Eastern, eligibility criteria the placement drive program:
We are the Largest Foreign Employer of Indian Officers, and have been awarded the “Best Foreign Employer of Indian Seafarers“, 13 times in the last 14 years by the Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India.
Please visit www.angloeastern.com for more details.
Ø Technical Ship Management Solutions.
Ø Ship Building and Ship Repairs for our owners.
Ø Specialized Ships Handling.
Ø Crewing and Manning.
Ø Maritime Training.
As part of our career awareness campaign, we visit Top Engineering Colleges for on Campus recruitment drives all over India and give presentation and an online test to the students who are interested in joining this excellent profession.
Some of the engineering institutions we visit include:
- IITs (Ropar / Kharagpur / Kanpur / Mumbai / Chennai / Guwahati).
- DTU (Delhi College of Engineering).
- Jamia Millia Islamia – New Delhi
- Thapar Engineering College, Patiala.
- Various NITs – Surathkal, Allahabad, Jalandhar,Jamshedpur, Hamirpur, Silchar,Srinagar etc.
- Jadavpur University.
- GNDEC Ludhiana.
- MIT Manipal.
- DIT Dehradun.
- Lovely Professional University Jalandhar, VIT Vellore, SRM University, KLU Andhra Pradesh, Sri Mata Vaishno Devi University, IMS Ghaziabad, KIET. BIT- Mesra, SLIET – Sangrur and many more.
The idea is to conduct campus recruitments to make the students aware of this lucrative and rewarding career.
We are currently conducting on campus selections of B.Tech (Mech) students for induction as Marine Engineers. Upon successfully clearing the online test and subsequent formalities, the candidates will undergo an 8 months pre-sea training, followed by a 4 month stint on board ship, as Engine Cadets.
After total training of 12 months of training, the candidates work on ships for 6 months as Junior Engineers to become eligible for Marine Engineer Officer–MEO Class IV Exams conducted by Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India.
Once the afore mentioned competency exams are completed, the candidate joins back on board our ships as a Fourth Engineer (earning app.INR 1.5 lakh per month) and finally progresses to become the Chief Engineer of a ship in a few years’ time, depending on his / her performance.
We look forward to address bright and determined B.Tech.(Mech) students of your esteemed institute about this career option.
For your information we have three batches for Graduate Mechanical Engineers (GME) each year. Total intake is 200 Candidates.
- a)March (40 candidates).
- b)July (80 candidates).
- c)November (80 candidates).
The on Campus program would be as follows:
1) Presentation on the Merchant Navy – qualifications required and career path/growth.
2) Any queries by the students (Items 1 & 2 -1 hr. – 15 minutes max).
3) Online test in your campus computer lab – Internet Explorer on Windows (3 hours).
This test is in two parts – Technical (2 hrs.), Personality Test (1 hr.)
4) Panel interviews will be conducted at New Delhi / Mumbai.
Kindly note that candidates who qualify in both the tests will only be shortlisted for the panel interviews.
Please visit our website www.angloeasterncollege.com for eligibility criteria.
Basically it is:
- Class XII Marks (Min. PCM 60%).
- English Min.50% – Either Xth or XIIth , In case of Diploma min marks in English 50%
- In case of Diploma, min. marks. 60%
- B.Tech (Min 60% Aggregate & Final year.